Children between the ages of 5 and under 12 may travel alone as an “Unaccompanied Minor”, or UM for short.
If you are planning on using the Unaccompanied Minor service, there are a number of things you must do to ensure the UM is uplifted on the service booked:
- You must book the child as a UM.
- The booking must include the name and contact details of the persons/ who will deliver the child to our check-in staff; and, the name and contact details of the person/s who will collect the child from our staff.
- Photo ID of the nominated person/s is required to be produced by the person/s who deliver and collect the children to/from our staff. The UM cannot be accepted for check-in if the photo ID is not provided at check-in.
- The UM can only be collected by the collecting person. The collecting person/s must produce photo ID at time of collection to pick up the UM.
- The Unaccompanied Minor form should be submitted to the Reservations team at [email protected] 48 hours prior to departure.
We request guardian at check-in also provide six (6) completed copies of the Unaccompanied Minor form to Nauru Airlines staff at check-in.
The Unaccompanied Minor service is compulsory for children ages 5-11 traveling without an adult passenger who is at least 15 years old.
Children under 5 years of age cannot travel unless they are accompanied by an adult over the age of 15 years.
Important Note: The maximum number of UM’s travelling on any given flight is five.
Please download the Unaccompanied Minor form here and read the Unaccompanied Minors policy here.